This website mishmashsweets.co.uk is owned and operated by CJs Cafe Ltd.
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions, they constitute a binding agreement between you and CJs Cafe LTD TA Cookie Snaps. By accessing the website or by using any of its services, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions. You must be at least 18 years of age to agree to and enter into this Agreement on your own behalf and to register for use of this Site. If you are under 18 but at least 15 years of age, your parents or legal guardian can register on your behalf. Children under the age of 15 may not register on this Site, and parents or legal guardians may not register on their behalf.
When using our Site or purchasing a Product, you will be requested to check the box indicating you have read, understood, and agreed to accept the following terms and conditions. You must be at least 18 years old to accept the Terms and Conditions for yourself or on behalf of your child or a child in your legal care. If you are accepting those Terms and Conditions on behalf of your child, please be aware that you are legally liable and fully responsible for his or her use of this Site. Each registration is for a single user only.
1. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason if our site is unavailable at any time.
2. Occasionally we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or to our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
3. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. After placing an order, you will receive an Order Confirmation email to notify you of the fact we have received and accepted your order. The Order Confirmation email will be followed by an invoice.
4. If you notice an error in the Order Confirmation you must notify us by completing the contact form here – 9 am the day before the order is due to be delivered.
5. If you wish to cancel your order for any reason, you must notify us three working days before the order is due to be delivered. A refund will only be made to the same card used for placing the order & will only be processed after confirmation of cancellation.
6. Your purchase order will only be accepted once payment has been received in full by us and terms and conditions will become effective.
7. The price to be paid will be as indicated on our site except in cases of obvious error.
8. Our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due before completion of your order and can be checked on our Deliveries page.
9. We will send you a confirmation upon receipt of payment. The payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card listed on our website on the date when your order is placed.
10. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses or for any reason does not, authorise payment to us, whether in advance of or subsequent to a payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of the Products ordered.
11. Deliveries are made 5 days a week, and we send orders out 5 days per week
a. Monday to Friday: If you order before 2pm on any of these days, then your order can be dispatched the same day, for delivery the next day. Orders placed after 2pm will miss the cut-off time and the next available delivery date will be the order date + 2 days.
b. Saturday, Sunday, Monday: If you order before 2pm on Friday, then your order can be dispatched for delivery either on Saturday or Monday. Orders placed after 2pm on Friday will miss the cut-off time and the next available delivery date will be order date +2 days (Tuesday).
12. No courier company can guarantee 100% next-day delivery but our couriers, typically deliver 99.97% of all their next-day delivery parcels.
13. The Products will be at your risk from the time we deliver them to you. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due for them, including delivery charges.
14. If upon delivery the product is damaged, different from the one you have ordered (for example of a different colour or the wording is incorrect), or the order is incomplete, when you receive it, please notify us immediately for investigation, if found to be the case we will credit or refund your purchase.
a. We will not be liable to you in respect of any complaint concerning any aspect of any product which is not raised by you within 24 hours of delivery by us or collection by you or your agent.
b. Any extra information requested by our Customer Care team, that is required to substantiate a complaint, must be sent within 48 hours from the reporting of the issue.
c. In the case of damaged goods you must retain the damaged Products and all packaging as evidence.
d. Subject to these Terms and Conditions and images submitted we will offer you at our discretion either a replacement cookie, full or partial refund, or company vouchers.
e. We will have no liability to you for any indirect loss. Please state clearly your order number, dispatch & delivery details in all communications to us.
15. We will only provide a refund to the original credit card or debit card account used for placing the online order. Legal ownership of the goods will immediately revert to us if we refund any such payment to you.
16. Since taste is a very personal matter, and subjective, we cannot refund for products returned to us on the basis that the taste is simply not to your liking.
17. We have made every effort to display the icing colours of our products as accurately as possible that appear on our Site and also to ensure that the colours on screen are as close as possible to the colours of the actual product. However, the colour of the actual product you see on your screen will depend on your monitor, your screen settings and resolution. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery and we cannot accept the return of any product because it does not match the colour you were expecting from viewing your screen display.
18. We will not accept the return of any Products which have been purchased from any outlet other than this online Site. The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
19. Personalised Cookies:
a. Images must be in JPEG or PNG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. For best results, we advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch) , so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting. If you try to upload an image that has a lower resolution or image size, we may not accept it. An on screen warning will generally appear to let you know that the image may not appear very well on the cookie.
b. By uploading an image, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (including the right to grant sub-licences) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate that image for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising our rights under these Terms. Note that we may modify content or material in order to fit it to your cookie (such as by cropping images).
c. We will keep all images on our systems for one month only, after which we will delete them.
20. Personalised or Build Your Own Cookies Content Rules. We do not permit personalised cookies to include any content or material which:
a. Infringes anyone’s copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an image or any other content that you wish to include on a personalised cookie or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised cookie
b. Infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
c. Contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
d. Is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
e. Misrepresents any identity or impersonates any person or organization
f. Includes any material containing information about another person which could be used to identify them, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
g. Contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
h. May harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
i. Gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
j. Advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
21. We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, for example, to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
22. CookieSnaps reserves the right to change the policies and Terms and Conditions from time to time if it is required by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we send you the invoice (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change
23. It is your responsibility to provide accurate personal information and to update your Personal Data as necessary to keep it accurate for us to complete your order. You acknowledge that all the details you provide to us for the purpose of selling and delivering Products to you are correct and that the credit card or debit card that you propose to use is your own or that of a third party who has given you full permission and authority to use it and that you or such third party have sufficient funds to meet the costs of Products ordered. We will not store your credit card or debit card details anywhere on the Site.
24. It is your responsibility to ensure that your email address is current otherwise certain functions of the Site will not be available to you. We will only use your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and our Privacy and Cookies Policy;
25. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data especially your user name. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CookieSnaps at your own expense and immediately after receiving a written notice, from and against any damages, loss, costs, expenses and payments including reasonable attorneys fees and legal expenses, resulting from any complaints, claims, or demand, arising from, or in connection with your use of the website, or your breach of these Terms, or any other terms, rules or regulations applicable to the use of the website, or the order, shipment and use of the products.
26. We shall be entitled to withdraw from any purchase order made by you if the Product is inaccurately described on the Site or where obvious errors have been made;
27. You may not copy or encourage others to attempt to copy or make use of any intellectual property appearing on www.cookiesnaps.co.uk for any commercial use or in any manner which would constitute an infringement of our copyright.
28. The computer, internet access and system operated by you and your ability to use the same may affect your ability to purchase any Products from our Site. You acknowledge and agree that any system requirements necessary to preview, and /or view and/or purchase any Products from our Site are your responsibility. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site or parts of it if at our sole discretion we believe you are in breach of any provision of this Agreement. If your access has been suspended or terminated you will not be permitted to re-register or to re-access the Site without our prior consent.
29. Your rights and obligations under the Terms are not assignable. Any attempted or actual assignment thereof by you will be null and void without www.cookiesnaps prior and written consent.
We may require you to change your user name or any other information which permits you access to purchase Products from the Site.
We have the right to withdraw any Product from the Site for any reason without notice to you and you agree that we will not be responsible for any loss, damage or cost as a result of such unavailability.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased.
We will not be liable for errors or omissions on the Site nor for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any unavailability of the Site or by any use by you or reliance placed on the Site or its contents including any damage caused to your computer or otherwise howsoever, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of data.
We will not be liable to you for the failure of any equipment, data processing system or transmission link and will not be liable to you as a result of any down-time which may occur upon the Site.
The Site is provided “as is” and you acknowledge that despite our reasonable endeavours the Site may contain bugs, errors and other problems (including, but not by way of limitation) infection by viruses (despite anti-virus protections which may be incorporated) or anything else which may cause contamination or destruction of any sort that may cause system failures.
We shall not be responsible to you for damages or otherwise in respect of any error made to any listing of or reference to Products.
We reserve the right to deactivate your account if it has not been active for a period of 12 months or more, and to remove it from the database if no communication has been received from you for a further 3 months after deactivation has occurred.
We welcome ‘hot links’ to the Site, but not ‘deep linking’ by which we mean that you may not include a link to our Site, or display the contents of our Site, surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by content not originating from us without our consent. Any unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress and may result in the termination of this Agreement or other remedies as set out in this Agreement.
The intellectual property rights in the Website, including copyrights, trademarks, trade names, patents, trade secrets, work methods and processes, and any other right, are the sole property of Cookie Snaps, or of third parties by whom CookieSnaps was licensed according to law. These rights apply, among others, to any textual and non-textual information, including menus, images, graphic design, data and its processing, the Website’s computer code and any other detail concerning its operation.
You may not copy, duplicate, distribute, sell market and translate any information, including trademarks, images, pictures, texts and computer code from the Website, without receiving CookieSnaps explicit prior consent in writing.
Trademarks appearing on the Website (whether registered or not), the name of CookieSnaps and its trademarks as well as the Website’s Domain name – are the sole property of CookieSnaps
To the extent that in a particular circumstance any disclaimer or limitation on damages or liability set out in this Agreement is prohibited by any law which is applicable, then, instead of the provisions hereof in such particular circumstance, we shall be entitled to the maximum disclaimers and/or limitations on damages and liability available at law or in equity by such applicable law and in no event shall such damages or liability exceed ten pounds (£10).
The Products ordered are fresh and will remain fresh for a further 4 days from dispatch date if kept by you at an ambient temperature in the box provided. Products placed in a fridge or a freezer or kept for a time longer than 4 days are so kept at your own risk and we are not liable for any deterioration of the Products in these circumstances.
We cannot accept responsibility for damage caused by you or by a courier/agent engaged by you to collect Products from one or our shops if they are damaged during transit to your home.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any complaint concerning any aspect of any Product which is not raised by you within 24 hours of delivery by us or collection by you or your agent.
We will notify you of any Product containing nuts or gelatine on the specific Product’s web page. However, since our kitchens do handle nuts we cannot guarantee that traces of nuts will not be found in our Products and therefore we do not accept any liability for any damage to health or any distress caused to you by the consumption of such Products.
Third Party Rights
This Agreement is only for the benefit of you and us and no other person can claim a benefit from this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which Act shall not apply to this Agreement.
Law & Legal Notices
These Terms will be ruled by and construed in accordance with UK laws
You acknowledge that we may change the terms of this Agreement by posting a new Agreement on the Site. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to check the Site regularly to ascertain if changes have been made and your continued use of the Site after such a change will constitute your acceptance of the changes. By reading this Agreement together with our Privacy and Cookies Policy and continuing to use this Site you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement and by our Privacy and Cookies Policy both of which are available from every page of our website www.cookiesnaps.co.uk.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website uses a technology called “cookies” (see explanation below) and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs includes the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website and the websites visited just before and just after our website. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.